Sunday 7 December 2014

10 Reasons Why Retail Workers Smile All the Time

Working in retail for three years has taught me some very important life lessons; well not so much life lessons as simple indications that society has slowly evolved into a black hole of feeling entitled and being arrogant.

So here is my list of why retail workers always have a smile on their face when dealing with bothersome customers.

1. Because you can't judge us based on what clothes we wear, since we usually wear uniforms, on the other hand, your shoes don't match and I can see your underwear.

2. Because unlike the managers in our store, if you are a pain in the ass and wish to make a store complaint, it's on their backs, not mine.

3. Because your jokes aren't actually funny and there's something in your teeth.

4. Because the people around think I'm an angel for dealing with your crap in a polite manner.

5. Because I'm getting paid to window shop.

6. Because unlike you, I appreciate good customer service when I see it.

7. Because I did know where that item was, but I handed you off to someone else because I did not want to walk you there.

8. Because when you hand me a hundred dollar note, I feel like a boss ass bitch for a brief moment in time.

9. Because I know all the words to the songs that play and I'm not afraid to sing them in your ear.

10. Simply because it's store policy.


Kindly and Considerably
CACL.

No comments:

Post a Comment